Upwardly Global is a national non-profit organization that helps work-authorized, skilled immigrants rebuild their professional careers in the U.S. We provide professional job-search training and access to employers with global talent needs. To date, we have coached approximately 5,000 skilled immigrants and have assisted more than 1,800 skilled immigrants back into their career fields, as well as providing comprehensive online services.
We value your professional experience and want to help rebuild your career in the U.S.
We know the challenges you face as a new arrival to this country trying to obtain a professional job. Have you experienced the following?
- You have significant experience and education but cannot get a professional job
- You have sent many resumes but don’t get a response
- You don’t have a professional network to help you make connections with employers
- You are unsure about the requirements or options in your profession in the U.S.
- You are losing confidence and hope that you can use your education and professional experience in the U.S.
We can help you get a professional job
We have worked with nearly 5,000 skilled immigrants like you and know how to overcome the obstacles you encounter. We can help you get employers to notice your resume and understand your experience. We will become your professional network and help you make the professional connections necessary to get a job in the U.S.
Our Job Seeker Services Program is free for skilled immigrants who meet the following requirements:
- have a Green Card or refugee/asylee status
- have a bachelor's degree or higher
- have a minimum of two years working experience outside the U.S.
- live in the U.S. for less than 5 years
- emigrate from a developing country and have not worked in the U.S.
- possess computer skills and intermediate English language skills
- highly motivated and able to attend the training program
Get inspired by our job seekers' success stories:
Upwardly Global from Michael Garrigues on Vimeo.
Working with Upwardly Global involves three steps:
1. Pre-training meeting
This is an opportunity to learn more about Upwardly Global’s programs and services and to register for upcoming training.
2. Job Seeker Training Program
The training program will equip you with skills and tools you need to rebuild your career in the U.S. During the training, you will learn to write a resume and cover letter in a U.S. style format as well as improve your interview and networking skills.
Individual coaching from knowledgeable Upwardly Global staff or mentors who will provide support in your job search and introductions to our Employer Network.
Apply now for program services.
We currently have three office locations: Chicago, New York, and San Francisco, and also serve job seekers nationally through our Online Employment Training Program.
To obtain information about licensing and certification, please visit Licensed Professions Guide.