This portlet has nothing to show.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead ~
THERE ARE 1.8 MILLION SKILLED IMMIGRANTS AND REFUGEES WHO NEED YOUR HELP
Upwardly Global Volunteers are a community of committed professionals who welcome skilled immigrants who recently moved to the U.S., offering them the support and guidance to reach their full potential in the U.S.
Our volunteers play a meaningful role in transforming Job Seekers' lives by sharing knowledge of U.S. workplace culture and expectations, industry insight and lessons learned. UpGlo volunteers support Job Seekers through interview coaching and by encouraging and mentoring them through what can be a challenging time. There’s nothing more rewarding than seeing Job Seekers gain confidence as they achieve their goals and come to believe they can succeed professionally here.
TRANSFORM LIVES AND MEET AMAZING PEOPLE
Here are a few more of the benefits of joining the Upwardly Global volunteer community:
- Learn about other cultures and life in other countries
- Strengthen your professional and leadership skills through coaching
- Pay tribute to your own immigrant heritage
- Contribute to increasing the diversity of the U.S. professional workforce
- Become part of community of talented global professionals
- Increase exposure to top companies and organizations
- Connect with people who have a shared passion for empowering others
- Have fun while contributing a valuable service
We need volunteers from all professional fields to serve the diverse backgrounds of our Job Seekers. Whether you are an industry veteran or mid-career professional, you have valuable experience to draw on and share with our job seekers. You must have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Strong track record of helping others succeed
- Interest in other cultures and respect for the immigrant experience
- Excellent English communications and writing skills
YOUR VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
We make every effort to match your skills to the opportunity and Job Seeker who will benefit most from them. We train and equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to make a meaningful impact. We provide templates, specific strategies, cultural tips and a structured but fun approach to help you accomplish the tasks at hand. Upwardly Global staff and experienced volunteers are also available to provide assistance and ensure you have a successful volunteer experience.
There’s an opportunity for everyone
Whether you have three hours a year or three hours every few weeks – we have a variety of ways you can become a part of our work. Please contact one of our offices for various volunteer opportunities.
Chicago: firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 431-1923
New York: email@example.com or (212) 219-8828
San Francisco: firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 834-9901
Other Locations: email@example.com or (347) 627-0051
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- Tell your network about us and introduce us to new people
- Get your company involved in corporate volunteer opportunities
- Refer work-authorized, skilled immigrants to our program
- Help our local Leadership Councils with their fundraisers
- Hold a fundraiser of your own, raise pledges on your birthday or for a walk/run.