“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead ~
There are 1.5 million skilled immigrants and refugees who need your help
The Upwardly Global Volunteer Corps is a community of committed professionals that welcomes skilled immigrants who recently moved to the U.S., offering the support and guidance they need to reach their full potential in the U.S.
You will play a meaningful role in transforming our job seekers' lives by sharing your knowledge of U.S. workplace culture and expectations, industry insight and lessons learned in your own career. You will support job seekers through interview coaching and by simply listening and encouraging them through what can be a challenging time. There’s nothing more rewarding than seeing the return of confidence in our job seekers as they remember the accomplished professionals they were in their home country and believe they still can be in the U.S.
Learn more about the specific opportunities available or register now to become a volunteer.
Transform lives and Meet amazing people
Need more reasons to get involved? Here are a few more of the benefits of joining the Upwardly Global community of volunteers:
- Learn about other cultures and life in other countries
- Strengthen your professional and leadership skills through coaching
- Pay tribute to your own immigrant heritage
- Contribute to increasing the diversity of the U.S. professional workforce
- Become part of community of talented global professionals
- Get exposure to top companies and organizations
- Connect with people who have a shared passion for empowering others
- Have fun while doing good
who we are looking for
We need volunteers from all professional fields to serve the diverse backgrounds of our job seekers. Whether you are an industry veteran or mid-career, you have valuable experience to draw on and share with our job seekers. Volunteer requirements:
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Strong track record of helping others succeed
- Interest in other cultures and a strong respect for the immigrant experience
- Personable and strong communicator/excellent English
We help you succeed
We make every effort to match your skills to the opportunity and job seeker who will benefit most from them. We train volunteers to equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to make a meaningful impact. We provide templates, specific strategies, cultural tips and a structured but fun approach to help you accomplish the tasks at hand. Upwardly Global staff and experienced volunteers are also available to provide assistance and ensure you have a successful volunteer experience.
<Register to Become a Volunteer>
There’s an opportunity for everyone
Whether you have three hours a year or three hours every few weeks – we have a variety of ways you can become a part of our work. Please contact one of our offices for various volunteer opportunities.
Chicago: email@example.com or (312) 431-1923
New York: firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 219-8828
San Francisco: email@example.com or (415) 834-9901
Other Ways to Help
- Tell your network about us and introduce us to new people
- Get your company involved in corporate volunteer opportunities
- Refer work-authorized, skilled immigrants to our program
- Help our local Leadership Councils with their fundraisers
- Hold a fundraiser of your own, raise pledges on your birthday or for a walk/run
- Join our Communications Resource Group - we’re always looking for great volunteer designers, copywriters, videographers and photographers.
Get involved today and register now to become a volunteer. Still have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or contact one of our offices for more information.