Upwardly Global creates tailored volunteer events for companies. Volunteering offers many benefits to your workplace:
- Corporate volunteers develop greater loyalty to their employer when they are involved in meaningful social activity beyond work.
- Employees develop appreciation for inclusion and diversity, improving their ability to engage with their team or clients.
- Volunteer opportunities improve recruitment, particularly among high-skilled, younger workers.
- Cross-promotion builds brand awareness with a dynamic group of immigrant professionals.
- Employees expand their social networks to support a wider range of internal referrals.
Volunteering also benefits immigrant and refugee job seekers: Corporate volunteers share insight into the U.S. workplace and build candidates’ professional networks.
Volunteer opportunities range from short-term events to longer-term engagements. They can take place on-site at your company or in a virtual, online format. Options include:
Connect with Upwardly Global job seekers at an interactive networking session. Company volunteers gain cross-cultural communication skills while supporting immigrant and refugee job seekers in practicing interview skills and networking.
Practice cross-cultural communication skills such as coaching and providing feedback. A mock interview is a practice session that increases job seekers’ confidence, skills, and interview techniques.
Volunteers connect with job seekers for longer-term support with networking and polishing professional English-language skills.
Corporate leaders share perspectives and tips with job seekers, while also learning from the lived experience of immigrants and refugees.
Interested in becoming an individual volunteer?
Complete the form below. A member of the Upwardly Global team will be in touch with next steps.