Rebuild your career, rebuild your life!
Upwardly Global's comprehensive Online Employment Training Program serves qualified skilled immigrants living across the U.S. This training program is a guided series of self-paced, online workshops that help skilled immigrants acquire the techniques and cultural savvy needed to market yourself as a competitive candidate for U.S. jobs, and ultimately to return to your career field in this country.
This program includes access to our online forum to download the training and resources.
Simply complete our online application form. After applying, an UpGlo staff member will call you within three to five business days.
- Access interactive trainings, videos, and resources on-demand, according to your own schedule:
- Marketing Yourself for a U.S. Job Search
- Online Job Search Skills
- Resume Writing for Skilled Immigrants
- Networking to Connect with Employers
- Writing Cover Letters
- Interview Skills to Succeed
- LinkedIn for Skilled Immigrants
- And many more!
- Access to self-paced online workshops, classrooms, and discussion forums to ask questions, practice marketing & interview skills, and receive expert feedback
- Individuals who are active in the program will receive 30 minutes of 1-on-1 resume development and coaching from a skilled UpGlo staff member
- Individuals who complete the program will receive 60 minutes of 1-on-1 interview coaching from a skilled UpGlo staff member
- Top graduates will be featured in Upwardly Global resume database and job board to connect with UpGlo’s employer network
- Have a Green Card or Refugee/Asylee status
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from outside the U.S.
- Have lived in the U.S. for less than 5 years
- Two years working experience outside the U.S. (and do not have U.S. working experience)
- Intermediate or higher English and computer skills
- Highly committed and able to participate in the training
- Access to a computer with internet
Can I still join UpGlo's Online Program if I live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Detroit, or D.C. area?
Yes, however, our fully Online Program is intended for job seekers living outside our local metro areas. The UpGlo Online team consists of a small staff and thus can only offer only limited one-on-one support. If you live in our locations, you can still view all of our trainings online and can also join our local training programs where you will receive one-on-one support, have access to a robust network of volunteers and employers, and attend networking and mock interview events.