Upwardly Global National Leadership Council
Upwardly Global’s Leadership Councils are comprised of dedicated individuals and industry leaders who contribute their time, talent, and resources to the organization. Leadership Council (LC) members amplify our mission through fundraising, building awareness, and strengthening employer partnerships in their regions. If you are looking for an opportunity to take action and advocate for a more inclusive, diverse workforce in the U.S. alongside a group of passionate and like-minded peers, join Upwardly Global’s Leadership Council today!
One National Leadership Council with three formal committees:
- Community Engagement Committee
- Foster relationships with Upwardly Global program alumni and engage them in current events at the organization; promote their success stories through community events, engaging with employers, and speaking opportunities.
- Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Engage with local officials and advocate for policies that promote and support Upwardly Global’s mission; update regional chapters on the status of current policy matters at monthly meetings.
- Campaigns and Events Committee
- Lead local events strategy and outreach to individual networks to help promote Upwardly Global; promote and engage with Upwardly Global’s fundraising campaigns throughout the fiscal year.
Leadership Council members attend monthly hour-long meetings (virtually or in person), attended by an Upwardly Global staff member and select guest speakers.
Current regional chapters include New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Seattle, and San Francisco. Individuals living in areas outside these chapters will be welcome to join virtually.
- A two-year membership commitment (minimum).
- An annual $2,500 contribution (a combination of personal donations and gifts made by those in your network).
- Program alumni make discounted commitments.
- Upwardly Global staff support all members in meeting fundraising goals via employee giving, corporate matches, community fundraising, etc.
- Ability to dedicate 2-5 hours a month to meetings, calls, etc.
- Attend quarterly meetings, committee meetings, and regional chapter meetings.
By joining Upwardly Global’s National Leadership Council, you will gain access to unique opportunities to connect with Upwardly Global’s mission and work including:
- Strengthening your professional network.
- Collaborating with like-minded, passionate individuals.
- Skills-based volunteer and mentorship opportunities.
- Refining and developing your leadership skills.
We welcome professionals of all genders, races, and perspectives from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Click the button below to sign up!
Please reach out to Sofia Arnold, Individual Giving Manager, at email@example.com.