Career Skills Program
Upwardly Global helps job seekers who are internationally trained immigrants and refugees to launch their professional careers in the United States. Our program includes:
- A personal career coach;
- Online courses created and curated for new Americans to improve interview, resume and networking know-how; and
- An option to up- or re-skill in high demand skills; and connections to professionals in your field.
We have trained more than 18,000 job seekers to date, and supported nearly 7,500 in finding jobs in their fields. While we cannot guarantee placement, we have prepared and supported thousands of immigrants and refugees and helped them attain mid- and high-skill jobs in America — and we are excited to work with you!
Once accepted into our program, you will have access to these core services:
One-on-one Career Coaching
Your career coach will work with you to identify your needs, build a plan, and conduct your search until you secure a professional job. Learn more about one-on-one career coaching by clicking below:
U.S. Workplace Skills
Upwardly Global’s online platform, WeGlo, offers you access to hundreds of trainings and tools focused on skills that you need for the U.S. workplace and job search, like how to make a resume and improve your command of workplace English. You’ll also have opportunities to gain technical skills in your current profession or in a new, high-demand field. Learn more about our training and skill-building opportunities by clicking below:
Core U.S. Workplace Skills >
Professional English-Language Courses >
Industry-Focused Skills Training Programs >
Tap into a network of professionals from key industries and some of the most important companies in the U.S. Learn more about networking by clicking below:
Do I qualify?
Applicants are required to:
- Be a green card holder, refugee, SIV, or asylee (See our full list of accepted visas.)
- Have earned at least a bachelors degree outside of the U.S.
- Have lived in the U.S. for 5 years or less
- Speak English comfortably
- Currently live in one of these states: California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Washington State, or Wisconsin.